Monday, October 1, 2012

Recent Eats

Fall has returned and I have had time/motivation to be back in the kitchen. Andrew is back at school and we are into a routine. I have been trying a lot of new things to help decide what to fill my freezer with before baby Ethier gets here! I thought I would quickly share some of my favourite finds.

Both of these muffin recipes are from the same sight. Both are gluten free, dairy free. They both use coconut flour, a recent addition to my pantry, which I have been loving. Blueberry muffin link here.  Lemon poppy seed recipe here.


This was a dinner we had recently. We had leftover chicken and some veggies to use up. I made Andrew's pizza on a normal crust and mine on a cauliflower crust. I have seen people using cauliflower for pizza crust for a while now and figured I should give it a try. Many recipes call for cheese to help hold the crust together, which is no good for me. I found this one. It uses flax eggs.

Last, but definitely not least homemade pasta sauce. This fall, our garden exploded with tomatoes. What was a girl to do other than make some spaghetti sauce for her hubby. I used this recipe and the results were fantastic! I have now made a second batch and stashed it in my freezer. 

Now off to enjoy one of my new fall teas... oh I love this season. 

No comments: