Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday date night pasta

Well I have another weekend of studying ahead of me. Because I am a geek at heart I am actually looking forward to it. Having said that, I always find making food and cleaning the kitchen really annoying when I am studying. The solution? I made a pasta dish that will last us two nights. This dish is about three recipes mashed together. After eating, Andrew and I decided to shell out the following advice: first if you like "kick" add some crushed red pepper, second if you want more protein add chicken. Next time we will try adding some sun-dried tomatoes and maybe some artichoke hearts. Yum! Hope you enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 zuchinni
1 red bell pepper
3 cups of spinach
5 medium mushrooms
1 red onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
3 Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
3 cloves of garlic
pinch of basil, oregano and rosemary
1 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup of low fat feta cheese
1 box (Approximately 500grams of fusilli pasta)

First add the EVOO, garlic, spices and onion to the pan. Cook over medium heat until onions are soft. Add the rest of the vegetables and 1/2 a can of diced tomatoes.
Cook the veggies until the zucchini is soft. Drain off any excess juices. Add veggies, cooked pasta and cheese together and mix thoroughly. 




Pour ingredients into your baking dish, sprinkle low fat parmesan cheese on top and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.

Serve and enjoy! We did. 


No comments: