Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Big Green

Yesterday was a dull and dreary day in Ontario. This morning I say WELCOME SNOW! Snow you are pretty, powdery and make for a better backdrop than mud, therefore you can stay. With the turn of the new year and trying to improve my health I have my eyes set on all things green! Earlier this week I visited my favourite health food store in Waterloo to load up on some produce.



The result... BIG GREEN SALADS! yum.




This salad is packed with nutrients and really easy to make.

The big green: 
Cut up any green veggies you want I went for cucumbers, broccoli, and snap peas.
1 bowl of rinsed greens (spinach, mixed greens or both)
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup of edamame prepared as per packaging
1 tbs chia seeds (optional)

Dressing:
1 Avocado
1/4 lemon juiced
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic

Add avocado, lemon juice, evoo, and garlic to blender. Blend on medium until it is nice and creamy. In a small bowl mix together quinoa, edamame, chia seeds and dressing. Top your big bowl of green goodness with your quinoa dressing mixture and enjoy!

I also tried to make another dish which photographed nicely but the taste just wasn't what I wanted. I will keep working on it!




1 comment:

diggym said...

I love this Jen and I love the look of the dressing with the avocado. Will definately try this. And of course with the quinoa. Thanks.