Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sweet potato salad dressing

I am in love!!! With a new dressing. See below...

On Sunday night I went to my sisters house for dinner. I was cursing myself for not brining my camera; she had a beautiful spread for building our own salads. Although the nephews weren't too fond of it us adults loved it. In an attempt to recreate it, on a smaller scale, I made my own salad bar spread. The new addition to salad bar you ask? The most amazing vegetable based dressing! Although it may not look that special in photographs I promise you it is amazing! ... and healthy!

Making the dressing
Super easy, super quick in the food processor
salad options
Protein 
fresh veggies
Sweet potato dressing
                                                 the finished product topped with pumpkin seeds

You can find the recipe here. I made the following changes: all sweet potato, no butternut squash, 1 Tbs of EVOO instead of 3, added 2 extra Tbs of water. 

I would also consider decreasing the amount of balsamic vinaigrette next time I make it, which will be very soon. 



No comments: