Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend eats

If you are friends with me on facebook you have figured out the blonde puppy was my youngest nephews Christmas present. His reaction was priceless and he is still so excited. He feels like he is in a dream. Did you ever feel like that about a present when you were little? I remember absolutely loving my little miss makeup when I was five. That was the Christmas my sister and I decided to get up at 3am and start opening presents. I am pretty sure my parents sent us back to bed, little miss makeups in hand.




Last night was family dinner night at my sisters again. The boys dined on mega burgers, made by my brother-in-law Larry, while the girls stuck to a lighter dish that I brought over.


Yes that is egg on top of a burger. 


Yes that burger is wrapped in bacon.




Edemame, rice noodle, peanut stir fry


Edamame peanut stir fry


1 package rice noodles
1/2 crown of broccoli cut into small pieces
1 orange pepper chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 cup of edamame
handful of spinach chopped
1 Tbs EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
2 cloves of garlic


Sauce
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1/4 cup light peanut butter
3 Tbs sodium reduced soysauce
1 clove garlic minced
2 tsp ginger minced
1Tbs lime juice
1 packet stevia


Cook rice noodles as per package instructions. In a food processor add coconut milk, peanut butter and all other ingredients for the sauce. Blend on medium until smooth. In a wok heat olive oil on medium. Add garlic and onions until soft 3-5 minutes. Add edamame, pepper and spinach. Saute until soft. Add noodles to the wok and pour sauce over the entire dish. Cook for an additional 5 min on low medium until noodles are soft. Serve and enjoy!
Lightly adapted from: here


See you all tomorrow for my post to the question am I a vegan? Which I surprisingly get asked a lot.  Whoops I think I just gave away the answer. 



No comments: